reduce electrical fires

5 Signs You Need to Hire an Electrician in Wilmette

Minor electrical faults can lead to major problems.

If you experience any of the following, contact All Suburban Electric to help with your commercial and residential electrical needs.

Your Lighting Fixtures Are Overheating

You know those things around your light bulbs? Those are called fixtures.

Light fixtures need to be installed and insulated properly in order to prevent fires.

Older lighting may not hold up and can cause a potential fire.

Downlights, one of the most popular lighting choices, have a tendency to produce a lot of heat, so it’s wise to keep an eye on these in case one is on the verge of overheating.

Electrical Shock

If you’ve suffered an electrical shock while in your home or business after touching a power outlet, an appliance or switch, call a licensed electrician to find the source of the problem.

All Suburban Electric offers 24 hour emergency electrical services, 7 days a week.

Seeing the Electrical Outlets Sparking in Your Home

Every once in a while you will see a small spark when plugging in an appliance (if the switch is already on), but large sparks or a series of sparks is not normal.

If you hear a popping noise after seeing sparks, then something is not right.

A popping noise usually means there could be loose wiring behind the outlet.

Unless you are a licensed electrician, always call on a professional for electrical repairs and maintenance to avoid any injuries.

Flickering Lights

Flickering lights in your home or workplace are not normal.

Oftentimes a flickering light can be fixed by simply changing a light bulb.

If replacing the light bulb does not solve the problem, call out an experienced electrician.

Circuit Breaker Keeps Tripping

When all the lights and appliances go dark at the same time, it is almost always because the circuit breaker or fuse controlling that circuit has tripped or gone bad.

If this happens once every once in a while then it’s likely nothing to worry about, but if it repeatedly keeps tripping the circuit breakers, then there’s a deeper electrical problem somewhere.

Only a licensed electrician will be able to get to the root of the problem and fix it.

The Smell Of Burning Electrical Wiring

If you detect a burning smell in your home or business, contact a professional electrician immediately.

This type of problem has the potential to cause a fire and be catastrophic.

Are you experiencing any of the signs listed above in your business or home?

If so, contact us today to have a professional electrician in Wilmette come out and take a look.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *